Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and JACK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and JACK
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 16:02:32 EET

>> There is a gui standard for LADSPA, but no hosts implement it yet. It's
>> partly a chicken and egg problem, as there are only 2 gui's.
>
> Cool. Where's it at? The page at ladspa.org talks about a
>prototype XML GUI spec but it hyperlinks to "http://www.ladspa.org/???"

that's not it. i think steve is referring to my work on "LCP", the
LADSPA control protocol, which allows developers to write GUIs with
whatever toolkit they wish, but still have control over the LADSPA
plugin they represent.

there is no documentation; the source lives at

      http://www.op.net/~pbd/lcp-0.2.0.tar.gz

steve has used it to write GUIs for two of his more complex LADSPA
plugins.

if you search the archives, i think you will find that defining a
toolkit is pretty much a lost cause under Linux. i was all ready to
implement the VSTGUI for Linux (via GTK), but the more i reflected
upon it, no such solution will work for us, IMHO.

i am also the primary author of the LADSPA XML GUI DTD that is
mentioned here, but i'm not sure its worth pursuing.

--p