Re: [linux-audio-dev] Attn : Hardware Jockeys : Solution to Midi problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Attn : Hardware Jockeys : Solution to Midi problem
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 09:35:12 EET

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:06:56 -0500
rm <async_AT_cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 05:08:15PM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 00:58:17 -0500
> > rm <async_AT_cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> > > just out of curiosity, have you seen an example layout with the pqfp
> > > part done in 4 layers or less? they don't specify in the HDK
> > > datasheet.
> >
> > The PQFP is a surface mount device so there are no layers. I also
> > think it is a standard package but I'm not sure where to get the
> > footprint. I've been away from hardware design for almost two
> > years :-)
>
> noononno, :D
> i meant a pcb that has 4 or fewer layers and uses the pqfp part.

Whoops :-).

I haven't looked at the layout of the RDK but it is a PCI design and
from memory the PCI spec recommends a six layer board when both 3.5 and
5 volts are required as the the case here.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Anyone who says you can have a lot of widely dispersed people hack
away on a complicated piece of code and avoid total anarchy has never
managed a software project." - Andy Tanenbaum in 1992 on comp.os.minix