Re: [linux-audio-dev] Emagic EMI 2I6 drivers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Emagic EMI 2I6 drivers
From: tapio laxström (tapio_AT_iptime.fi)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 10:52:29 EET

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Nick D wrote:
> Does anyone know if they'll work on non-intel platforms? just curious (and eyeing up the market for a new box ;-)
Not tested, but firmware loading should not be intel specific. If your
system can handle usb in linux, this should be working too. Emagic it self
has released MacOS X drivers and MacOS X is quite close to Unix kernel
(mach micro kernel?), as far as I know.

> Now if only ALSA had support for USB audio...
yes. I have seriously considered that as my next project...
since linux usb audio drivers are OSS based, and to enable all EMI's 6
output channels in there seens to be quite dirty hacking...
it is probably much smarter move to start the alsa usb project.

--
best regards