Re: [linux-audio-dev] diff for audiofiles?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] diff for audiofiles?
From: Adriaan Pelzer (adriaan_AT_trispen.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 18:25:54 EET

On Mon 11 Mar 02 17:42, you wrote:
> >There's another huge application for something like adiodiff (or more
> >generic, binary diff)
> >It will enable you to keep track of your adio workings in CVS, while
> > taking advantage of the full advantage of CVS, namely space-saving.
> > Editing on WAV files can be saved in CVS as a diff from the previous one.
>
> 1) if you can find one serious example of anyone who uses CVS for
> binary files, i'd love to hear about it
>
> 2) in the DAW world, 90%+ of all "editing" doesn't involve any changes
> to the data in the audio files.
>
> --p
Sorry about my methods not complying with the standards - I do a lot of
cleaning up and applying transforms to waves before starting to assemble them
in some kind of sequencer, multitracker, etc. Maybe I'm not in the DAW world,
but I sure do enjoy making music ;-)
I'd say about 50% of all my editing involves changing the audio files, so I
usually end up having a working directory like this:

        simonsloop01.wav
        simonsloop02.wav
        simonsloop03.wav
        simonsloop04.wav
        .
        .
        snerty01.wav
        .
        .
        .

I think you get the Idea!
THIS is what I'd like to use CVS for. (And, then of course, for all the
versions of the sequencer/multitracker file that goes with it.).