Re: [linux-audio-dev] diff for audiofiles?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] diff for audiofiles?
From: Adriaan Pelzer (adriaan_AT_trispen.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 19:00:47 EET

On Mon 11 Mar 02 18:19, you wrote:
> There are many examples of uses of CVS for binary files in the Video Game
> Developpement world.
> There is NO good solution to binary files versionning that I know of. For
> exemple Alien Brain doesn't solve any of the issues and they reinvented the
> wheel with a proprietary (and ugly) solution based on win32 only servers...
> Artistic assets management is a real problem for many companies and I'd
> really like to know about other solutions than CVS.
>
> Sebastien

Tell me about it!

I'm trying my best to find a way to
a) Keep track of all the changes in a composition
b) Keep track of utilities and scripts written to make the composition.
c) Keep track of scores, leadsheets made to perform the composition live.
d) Be able to afterwards access the raw material in an organised way for
re-use.

I've even thought about having complete "virtual" directories on my disk,
consisting entirely of symlinks.

Adriaan Pelzer