Re: [linux-audio-dev] question regarding an alternative to the RME's PCI-to-Multiface card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] question regarding an alternative to the RME's PCI-to-Multiface card
From: Erik Walthinsen (omega_AT_temple-baptist.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 23:29:22 EET

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 12:38, Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> Could someone tell me whether this will be less efficient than the Rme's
> PCI solution and whether it will be even worse than notebook PCMCIA
> performance?

This is a PCMCIA adapter card, whereas the RME card is guaranteed to be
CardBus. PCMCIA 'is' ISA, whereas CardBus *is* PCI. CardBus adapter
cards start at about $70 and go up from there. I know, I've been
looking for *any* adapter that can take a 3.3v PCMCIA (not cardbus)
card, and it seems that only CardBus adapters will do so (without
hardware mods).

http://www.amtron.com/reader/pcdrp101ce.htm

      Erik Walthinsen <omega_AT_temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
       / \ GStreamer - The only way to stream!
      | | M E G A ***** http://gstreamer.net/ *****
      _\ /_