[linux-audio-dev] question regarding an alternative to the RME's PCI-to-Multiface card

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] question regarding an alternative to the RME's PCI-to-Multiface card
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 22:38:34 EET

Hi all, I was just wondering how could I cut the costs of obtaining one
of these awesome multiface cards that could be used for both desktop and
notebooks. So, I came to conclusion that I would need obviously PCMCIA
HDSP and Multiface itself, but then when I looked into the PCI card for
it, it seemed kinda expensive. So, I looked online and found this:

http://www.amtron.com/reader/pc750.htm

Could someone tell me whether this will be less efficient than the Rme's
PCI solution and whether it will be even worse than notebook PCMCIA
performance?

Your help would be utmostly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Ico