Re: [linux-audio-dev] question regarding an alternative to theRME's PCI-to-Multiface card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] question regarding an alternative to theRME's PCI-to-Multiface card
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 19:03:57 EET

And don't accidentally knock the firewire cable out :) I had one for a
week. The connector was horrible on the unit itself and if any other
wires were laying across it, sometimes it would pull out, talk about loud
popping in the speakers!!!

My MIDI controller has a mac serial port on it. I am curious though, why
not just use USB MIDI controller. That is how I have mine setup and it
works great, never had a single problem, and I am running 3 synth modules
and 2 keyboards off of it, all on. I have heard lots of complaints about
USB not being able to support the throughput, but 12 Mbit seems to be fine
for me, any thoughts?

Rick

> It does. IIRC someone contacted them and they were unsupportive. If you
> have a pre-OHCI 1394 card its possible to reverse engineer the protocol,
> but I wouldn't bother myself.
>
> - Steve

| T a l i t y | +------+ |
| Richard Burnett | +-+ | |