Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and JACK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and JACK
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 00:00:39 EET

On Saturday 16 March 2002 21.22, Paul Davis wrote:
> >IMHO, a "Plugin GUI Toolkit" should be designed so that
> > specialized GUIs like that wouldn't have to use actual widgets
> > for such things, but rather an "Active Canvas", that lets you do
> > basic drawing as well as mark up "click zones" and the like.
> >
> >Perhaps not too different from the internal interfaces of a plugin
> >API in itself. The point is that it's exported in a useful form,
> > for applications to use.
> >
> >Anyway, not much point in trying to describe something I don't
> > know exactly what it would look like. I'll just try to implement
> > it.
>
> mmm. maybe something like
>
> XDrawLine
> XDrawPixmap
> XDrawText
> XCopyArea
>
> and so on?
>
> 0.5 * :)

Yeah... If we don't want anything to run without X. :-)

Anyway, that's only half a solution. Actually making it significantly
nicer than just implementing a widget requires slightly higher level
"building blocks" - but not too high level, as that just brings us
back to square 1: New widgets/"building blocks" required for custom
GUIs.

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'