Re: [linux-audio-dev] changing control port values with LADSPA: a serious issue?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] changing control port values with LADSPA: a serious issue?
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 00:05:10 EET

On Saturday 16 March 2002 22.27, Tim Goetze wrote:
[...]
> my proposal for a remedy is rather simple: let control port value
> pointers not point to one LADSPA_Data but to an array of two.
>
> the first represents the start, and the second the end value for
> the next run*() call. the choice of interpolation method will be
> left to the plugin which imo is the right place since the plugin
> author will probably make a better choice than a host.

Yeah... Although I'm not sure there's much use for two values per
port, as the plugin will probably do a better job of keeping track of
the last state than the host can - especially considering that the
plugin might decide to interpolate on a different level than the
control value.

Just specifying that the control value is for the first frame of the
next call might be sufficient - although that leaves the initial
level for the first call undefined... *heh*

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'