[linux-audio-dev] pcm_multi

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] pcm_multi
From: DuWayne R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 15:50:22 EET

I have been trying to get a pcm_multi setup to use 2 Delta 1010 cards
bound together. A little gdb diging has shown that the configuration
seems to be correct, but there seems to be a bug in the alsa-lib code.
First guess is that it has something to do with the Delta's 10 input and
12 outputs configuration. But lacking the nessacary coding skills Im
kinda out of my element.

My gdb info is at
http://www.niptron.com/ardour/aplaydebug.txt

My asoundrc file
http://www.niptron.com/ardour/asoundrc.txt

from what I see the pcm_multi device is setup without error but when
aplay runs the snd_pcm_plug_hw_refine_sprepare function it returns an
error of SNDERR("Slave PCM not usable"). Any suggestions of how to
figure out whats happening, or what I can do to help figure this out
would be greatly appreciated.

--
drh_AT_niptron.com

Burn's Hog Weighing Method: (1) Get a perfectly symmetrical plank and balance it across a sawhorse. (2) Put the hog on one end of the plank. (3) Pile rocks on the other end until the plank is again perfectly balanced. (4) Carefully guess the weight of the rocks. -- Robert Burns