Re: [linux-audio-dev] midi re-direction?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] midi re-direction?
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 19:19:43 EET

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:

> I've asked this before on LAU, but I'd really like to know the answer because
> I'm thinking of writing my own if there isn't. It'll be my first midi app --
> is there a book that can teach me what I need to know to program with midi on
> linux? (I'm a decent C++ programmer but I haven't much in the way of

I have written a tiny sample ALSA 0.9 sequencer client (72 lines):

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mana/seqdemo.c

It creates a writeable sequencer client and printf's any Pitchbender-,
7-Bit Controller- and Note-events on stderr. It is not exactly what you
are looking for, but it might be a helpful start. Maybe I find the time to
write a MIDI routing example in the next days.

Have fun !

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni