Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux and clocks

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux and clocks
From: Luca Abeni (luca_AT_cse.ogi.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 02:30:47 EET

Hi all,

Erik Walthinsen wrote:
[...]
> Yes, there are things called 'firm timers' that use the IO-APIC to
> (transparently) give applications extremely high resolution on longer
> sleeps. I've cc:'d the guy who's been working on the patch most
> recently, maybe he's got a draft of his paper he's willing to post.

if someone is interested, I just prepared a small web page about firm
timers:
http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~luca/firm.html
On this page, you can find a small paper describing some experiments and
kernel patch implementing firm timers.

                                Luca

--

========================================================== Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html