Re: [linux-audio-dev] midi re-direction?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] midi re-direction?
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 14:05:25 EET

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:

> does anyone know if an app exists that can open a midi port and then, for
> instance, send channel 1 to the external midiport and all the rest to a
> virmidi port?

With the help of Takashi Iwai, I've written the MIDI routing application
(92 lines) you have been asking for. It creates one writeable ALSA (0.9)
sequencer port and two readable ports. The program takes the parameter
"pick_channel". MIDI events with channel equal to "pick_channel" are
routed to the first readable port. All other events are directed to the
second one. ALSA has a built-in virtual rawmidi-device which you can use
as destination after you have configured the soundcard snd-virmidi.

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mana/midiroute.c

Have fun !

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni