[linux-audio-dev] those latency numbers

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] those latency numbers
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 15:20:33 EET

This from the *excellent* paper at linuxdevices on latency
measurement. BeOS, eat your (cold dead) heart out:

2.4.17 with Andrew Morton's Low Latency patch:

      maximum latency: 1.3ms
      Mean: 0.0542797399957571ms
      Standard Deviation: 0.025220506601371
      96.66250% of samples < 0.1ms
      99.21158% of samples < 0.2ms
      99.99592% of samples < 0.5ms
      99.99984% of samples < 0.7ms
      99.99992% of samples < 1ms
      100.00000% of samples < 1.4m

Yowza! I mean, I knew it was good - I didn't know it was *that* good!

Even better: this is *with* IDE drives under some level stress (but no
X Windows).

--p