Re: [linux-audio-dev] initial (incomplete) version of ALSA Audio API tutorial

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] initial (incomplete) version of ALSA Audio API tutorial
From: Nick Bailey (n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 11:33:04 EET

I agree with Phil (in fact, I am going to pop next door to tell him so
in a moment :)

This is exactly what I should be telling my audio programming class! My
notes are totally out of date and only cover OSS and esd, apart from
saying how ALSA puts too much functionality in the kernel. Oh the
shame! Of course, I've changed my mind yonks ago :)

This document really hits the spot. I will have a go at the code
examples after I've set one or two other things to rest (which you
already know about).

As to coverage, from a purely selfish point of view, PCM I/O is much
more interesting than MIDI (Phil will disagree :)

Nick/