Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs
From: Oliver Sampson (olsam_AT_quickaudio.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 11:19:19 EET

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:45:04 +0100, Oliver Sampson
<olsam_AT_quickaudio.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:54:23 -0500, Andy Wingo <wingo_AT_pobox.com>
>wrote:
>

>>that said, the errors you're getting with running autogen are probably
>>due to a missing libtool-dev package.
>
>This is more along the lines to what I was thinking. I've found a
>libtool and a libtool-libs rpms, but the gnu libtool site
>(http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/) lists only one tarball. Does
>the tarball contain both rpms? (That seems a bit odd.)

A little closer inspection of the libtools-lib rpm page seems to
indicate that the libtool src tarball does indeed provided everything
fro libtool and libtool-libs. They might want to rethinking their
packaging strategy. That being said...

After installing libtool 1.4.8 via tarball and running autogen-sh, I
get:

[root_AT_friday jack]# ./autogen.sh
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
to `aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: configure.in: 65: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
library
aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS where $ACLOCAL_FLAGS= failed, exiting...

Does "add the contents" mean do a copy and paste?

Thanks,
Oliver Sampson
olsam_AT_quickaudio.com
http://www.oliversampson.com