Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 09:39:15 EET

>After installing libtool 1.4.8 via tarball and running autogen-sh, I
>get:
>
>[root_AT_friday jack]# ./autogen.sh
>You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
>to `aclocal.m4'.

this is an extremely misleading message. it arises from one the early
steps carried out by autogen, but is handled by another step later
on. I wish it was possible to supress the message - its
meaningless.

>aclocal: configure.in: 65: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
>library
>aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS where $ACLOCAL_FLAGS= failed, exiting...

i suggest you read the README file for Ardour that talks about
"autoconf rationalization". i'd also suggest that you take this to
jack-devel, where we can deal with it in a more appropriate forum.

--p