Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_wava.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 16:33:04 EET

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Paul Davis wrote:

> such users should not be installing software that is only available
> from CVS.

Hmm. I think I see your point, but I wonder if you've considered all the
broader picture. I'm getting set to start porting some of my stuff over
to Jack in the next week or so. I'm not particularly interested in the
internals of how it works (except insofar as that may drive the design of
the client applications), I just want to *use* it. I suspect I'm not the
only one in this situation. I don't have tons of time to spend poring
over source code and build configurations -- there are apps to write! If
getting Jack adopted as a standard in the LAD is a goal, I think it'd be
wise to make things as easy for app developers as possible.

Just my $.02. Thanks for listening.

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| Fanaticism consists of redoubling your effort when you have forgotten |
| your aim. |
| -- George Santayana |