Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 12:05:11 EET

>Hmm. I think I see your point, but I wonder if you've considered all the
>broader picture. I'm getting set to start porting some of my stuff over
>to Jack in the next week or so. I'm not particularly interested in the
>internals of how it works (except insofar as that may drive the design of
>the client applications), I just want to *use* it. I suspect I'm not the
>only one in this situation. I don't have tons of time to spend poring
>over source code and build configurations -- there are apps to write! If
>getting Jack adopted as a standard in the LAD is a goal, I think it'd be
>wise to make things as easy for app developers as possible.

We'll take that as a request to release a tarball of JACK. I think we
could do that pretty soon, although there are still some significant
issues to solve. Not that what's there doesn't work, however ...

Check the website for details in a few days. I will also try to cook
up a tutorial (which will be way simpler than the ALSA one, for
obvious reasons).

--p