[linux-audio-dev] RTC timer question

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] RTC timer question
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 10:48:04 EEST

Hello,

I sent the following to the ALSA list, but did not get any answer, so I
repost it here, hoping anybody has delt with this before.

First, I noticed that the alsa rtctimer is not compiled when you have
the RTC in your kernel as a module. The problem is in
alsa-kernel/core/Makefile, where CONFIG_RTC is tested for y and not for m.

Second, I like to know where can I find up-to-date documentation about
how to use the rtc timer.

The latest I find is a mail by Takashi, that is a year old, which says:

Installation:
Add the following lines in /etc/modules.conf:
options snd-timer snd_timer_limit=2
alias snd-timer-1 snd-rtctimer
For using RTC timer in sequencer as default:
options snd-seq snd_seq_default_timer=1

This is not working anymore, because parameters changed.

Starting sound driver: snd-emu10k1 done
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.o: invalid parameter parm_snd_seq_default_timer
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.o: invalid parameter parm_snd_seq_default_timer
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq.o: insmod snd-seq-midi failed

Also, is there any way (apart from 'listening') to know whether the rtctimer
is used by the sequencer or not?

Maarten