[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA on XMMS

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA on XMMS
From: Nick Lamb (njl98r_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 18:18:28 EEST

Hi, having had many discussion with Steve Harris about LADSPA I decided to
finally contribute something last week, and the result is an XMMS plug-in
that hosts LADSPA plugins. So far it is available only as source, and
relies on ladspa.h and XMMS already being installed.

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~njl98r/code/ladspa/

As the version number suggests this is by no means a finished project, but
I think 0.2 squashes the bugs most likely to make people on this list mad
(such as feeding interleaved stereo into mono inputs) and is therefore worth
a look.

Of course XMMS makes a lousy host, but it is a fun toy for people like me
who don't really know a whole lot about audio. Hopefully my plug-in
sets a good baseline without bringing LADSPA into disrepute :)

FWIW I'd like to heartily agree with previous proposals to add the
"sane default" hints to LADSPA. With users who have no musical or audio
background it is even more important, they simply won't spend any time
to experiment with a plugin if initial results are unpleasant (e.g.
loud screeching, total silence).

Nick.