[linux-audio-dev] FREENIX paper about scheduling latency and stuff

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] FREENIX paper about scheduling latency and stuff
From: John Regehr (regehr_AT_cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 23:49:55 EEST

Hi all,

I'm audio-ignorant so I mostly lurk on this list, but I do usually
follow discussions about scheduling latency and stuff like that.

I thought some members of this list would be interested in a paper I'm
working on that's going to appear in the FREENIX track at the USENIX
Technical Conference in June. It's about Hourglass, a user-level tool
for measuring scheduling behavior. There are some comparisons in the
paper between some of the different real-time enhanced versions of
Linux.

There's a draft here:
  http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/hourglass-040802.ps
  http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/hourglass-040802.pdf

The final copy is due in about a week; I thought I'd post a copy now in
case people find any mistakes, since this will give me the opportunity
to correct them.

NOTE: This draft will disappear a few days after this message is posted.
Anyone reading this message in the archives after April 16 2002 should
instead look for the final version of the paper at the Hourglass site:

  http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/hourglass

Thanks,

John Regehr
Postdoc, School of Computing, University of Utah