Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 22:05:09 EEST

Tim Goetze wrote:

> my guess is that all binaries that redhat (and possibly you) compiled
> to link dynamically against libc will refuse to work after that swap
> since they'll expect the object format to be 2.96's.
>
> if /sbin/init is among those programs (and on this debian system it
> is) the kernel will boot ok, but that's about it.
>
> you'll have a lot of stuff to compile, and a boot disk to keep ready,
> if these assumptions prove true. ;)

Ja, a little more research on Google leads me to the same conclusion.
Looks like I'm in for a re-install... or maybe it's time to purchase a
new disk and just install a new distro. That will be this week's new fun
thing to do, and I can guarantee the next distro will not be Red Hat.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org