Re: [linux-audio-dev] JACK apps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] JACK apps
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 10:25:33 EEST

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Paul Winkler wrote:

> I want to try ecasound with jack, but I find the 2.1dev7
> tarball won't build with latest jack cvs.

Yes, you need the CVS version. 2.1dev8 changelog has grown quite huge, but
as I'm still somewhat buried-alive-in-work, I haven't had time to release
it yet. :(

> So I try ecasound cvs, but I can't download it!
[...]
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs_AT_cvs.seul.org:/home/cvspsrv/cvsroot login
> Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs_AT_cvs.seul.org:2401/home/cvspsrv/cvsroot
> CVS password:
> cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.seul.org rejected access to
> /home/cvspsrv/cvsroot for user anoncvs

Did you issue 'guest' as the CVS password?

> Marco and I wanted to show ecamegapecal running as a jack client
> alongside ardour at a linux / audio meeting this Thursday, but
> we'll have to skip that bit if we can't get it working...

Let me know if you have problems. I've just refreshed my copy of JACK's
CVS-tree and it seems to work fine with CVS-versions of ecasound (2.1dev8)
and ecamegapedal (0.3dev1).

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!