AW: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider

Subject: AW: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider
From: Thomas Grill (t.grill_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 13:48:09 EEST

> However, it's more difficult to express composition algorithms
> using constraint based or artificial intelligence techniques.
> That's were a high-level language comes in handy.
>
> Maybe a "python" external object for PD/jMax would be nice?

Hi, it's in the works. (and a simple version with only one inlet and outlet
is already functional for PD)
see http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/Pd/ext

The flext C++ layer which allows for platform-independent programming of
externals will shortly be extended to jMax as well. (and the Python object
consequently be available there as well).
What concerns MaxMSP i'm facing a problem starting the Python interpreter in
parallel to Max. I've yet to analyze it in detail, but Max currently doesn't
survive the Py_Initalize call.

greetings,
Thomas