[linux-audio-dev] enable mic recording

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] enable mic recording
From: Lucia Cappellato (lucia_AT_toonz.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 16:47:20 EEST

Hi all,

I'm new in this mailing list and in developing in linux audio.
I write a player and recorder with OSS API (soundcard.h), th eplayer
work well and I listen the track, but the recorder seems doesn't work.
Exactly if I record for 7 sec, I obtain a track with 7 sec but empty
(without signal).
After I try with "native" application on Linux as the command rec(1)
and the SoundRecorder (KDe) and I obtain the same result?

I suppose that nust exist some configuration/flag which enable
recording in particolar the microphone (obviously I put the right setting
with mixer application).

bye Lucia