Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 15:16:30 EEST

>Doesn't the notebook computer come with batteries?

that would be a bitch wouldn't it :)

> The first option
>would be to obtain extra batteries for it, and charge them when you
>are within plugging distance of a wall socket.

:)

>Or do you want to run your laptop 24/7 on batteries? In that case,
>get a car battery and an inverter big enough to produce whatever
>power (plus some to be safe) your laptop's power supply is rated for.
>Then you would need 2 car batteries and a charger to charge one while
>running the laptop off the other.

Neither:) I want to build a pc that functions in the same way that a notebook without a monitor would.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can deduce the correct power rating for this machine so that I can design a battery pack that will power it efficiently.

Thx

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur