Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 23:15:02 EEST

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:51:31AM -0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> >It's determined by the formula
> >V = I*R, where V is voltage, I is current (amps), and R is the resistance
> >(ohms) of the device. So if V is right, and your power supply can
> >produce *at least* I, then you're fine.
>
> That works for me.

The other thing is that digital electronics are very picky about
voltages, and battery voltage drops as the battery runs down.
So you'll want voltage regulators in there (could be as simple as
zener diodes w. appropriate resistors for each supply voltage) ,
and some kind of voltage detection circuit that warns the user
(e.g. with a blinking red LED) when the voltage is getting near the
lower tolerance limit.

Considering that you seem to know even less about this stuff than I do,
I suspect you're going to need professional help to work out
the details of the battery and charger system, unless you
have a lot of time to sink into learning all the issues and making
it all work.

--

"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"