Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 19:24:57 EEST

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 08:01:41 -0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> I get the impression that I am building my own power supply box in the process. Does anyone know of a product that is designed for this purpose already? In other words a power supply for a PC that runs on batteries?

The inverters I have looked at (I keep thinking about getting one for
outdoor jamming) connect to car batteries and give you normal domestic
mains on the other end. You just connect all your equipment to the mains
output.

UK (240volt, 3 pin) inverters are pretty large/heavy eg.
http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/shop/productprofile.asp?ProductGroupID=576
Though the less power you need, the smaller they are. Motorcycle batteries
go up to about 12Ah, and are more portable than car batteries but still
pretty heavy.

- Steve