Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT: Electronic advice for PC.
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:01:41 EEST

So the consensus is that I need to have an inverter.

Any ideas of a model that I should look at?

The emphasis from my end is on weight saving and slim line. I will then have to look at the price too but that is definitely secondary.

Another question I have on this is what is the best way to connect the inverter to the board? Do I have to wire it into the power supply or can I get doubles of all the connectors that the power supply has and connect them directly? Is there another part that I will need apart from the voltage regulator?

I get the impression that I am building my own power supply box in the process. Does anyone know of a product that is designed for this purpose already? In other words a power supply for a PC that runs on batteries?

Paul, you're right when you say that I may need professional help which is why I have posted to LAD :)

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

_____________________________________________________________ Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net