Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 v0.1.5 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 v0.1.5 released
From: Richard Bown (bownie_AT_bownie.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 13:37:51 EEST

rob wrote:

> Paul Davis wrote:
> > I don't think people writing audio/midi/music
> > applications should be using "desktop environments".
>
> Their time is much better spent reimplementing everything a desktop
> environment gives in non-standard ways that no-one other than themselves
> can understand rather then working on the app.

If people want good quality, well-supported music applications for Linux
then they'd better leave their preconceptions at the door. We should
eschew the geek in favour of the average user.

Make use of the toolkits that already exist - make life easier for
developers and users alike - provide quality software that's stable,
functional and enjoy using.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden
http://www.bownie.com