Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 v0.1.5 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 v0.1.5 released
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 03:34:23 EEST

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 13:55, Paul Davis wrote:
> >> Is this possible to build it without KDE requirement
> >
> >While our user interface is KDE/Qt, the base/ (core library) is just
> >plain C++/STL.
>
> IMHO, Qt is not a problem. KDE is. Same goes for GTK/GNOME. As I've
> said before, I don't think people writing audio/midi/music
> applications should be using "desktop environments".

Their time is much better spent reimplementing everything a desktop
environment gives in non-standard ways that no-one other than themselves
can understand rather then working on the app.

As a bonus you increase the intelligence level of your average user as
they have to use their own ingenuity to figure out how the hell your app
is supposed to work.

--

rob