[linux-audio-dev] OSS difference between SOUND_MIXER_PCM & SOUND_MIXER_ALTPCM

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OSS difference between SOUND_MIXER_PCM & SOUND_MIXER_ALTPCM
From: Lucia Cappellato (lucia_AT_toonz.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 10:38:42 EEST

Hi all,

I'm very a newbye about linux and about sound under linux. I don't
understand because nobody answers to my post, perhaps, I write
something wrong, but I don't know what.

I have a new questions:

How can I adjust the output volume of application?

I see that with SOUND_MIXER_PCM & SOUND_MIXER_ALTPCM
the value of volume change but which is the most important?

Why SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME & SOUND_MIXER_SPEAKER don't
influence the volume of a playback soundtrack?

Bye all and thanks for every suggestions
Lucia