Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 13:28:18 EEST

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:38:09 +0200, xavier.moulet_AT_free.fr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I visited recently www.ladspa.org, and I would like to know where the official
> ldp (lasdpa protocol to change values) resides.

If you mean LCP, it was never made "official" but there is some reference
code at http://www.op.net/~pbd/lcp-0.2.0.tar.gz

I know of (and have used) one host implementation of LCP, but the author
is unwilling to release it. It works quite well, except that there is no
way for the host to locate the gui binary yet. He mentioned some (minor)
issues, I'l try to get him to say what they were.

> Besides, I did remember a attempt to recommend the use of normalized to [-1;1]
> signals, but I did not see it mentionned anywhere, has there been a decision
> not to do so ?

No, this will be part of the now legendary LADSPA 1.1. We're waiting on
Richard Furze to release it.

> Idem for presets : this subject has been discussed a lot, but how do we store
> them and where, finally ?

I think there was a suggestion from Taybin on this, I don't know whether
he got consensus or not.

- Steve