Re: [linux-audio-dev] developer issues in sfront 0.80 ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] developer issues in sfront 0.80 ...
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 14:14:41 EEST

>Just to keep people from doing duplicate work, Enrique Robledo
>(erobledo_AT_iua.upf.es) and me are porting sfront's alsa midi
>(rawmidi and sequencer) from 0.5 to 0.9, which is actually a
>very easy task. ALSA 0.9 audio still remains to be done though.
>
>Question: should sfront support both 0.5 and 0.9, are should we

"0.5 is no longer supported by the developers" says the website.

I can see no reason to support 0.5. Its old, broken in many subtle and
a few not-so-subtle ways, and has nothing to do with the ALSA now
included with the 2.5 kernel. Even the distributions that include ALSA
do not distribute 0.5 at this time.

--p