Re: [linux-audio-dev] icube question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] icube question
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 02:24:14 EEST

>Hi all, a couple of days I posted a question regarding icube and Paul's
>controller, but at this point I am not sure whether it had even reached
>LAD mailing list since I did not see it on the archives, nor did I get
>any response. So, I apologize if I am sending this for the second time:
>
>My problems is that icube controller for linux simply does not want to
>compile with current ardour's libs (which were originally found in the
>Quasimodo package). So I am just wondering if there is anyone out there
>who actually was successfully at compiling this one and if so, if they
>would be kind to give me some pointers.

The problem with both the icube editor and softwerk is that they are
based on finding versions of the quasimodo/ardour libs within their
trees, and building dynamically linked versions of them.

The libraries are not available in this format anymore, and so I have
to modify the build process to work in the same way that Ardour does.

I simply have not managed to find the time do that. As usual these
days, I'll be happy to change my temporal scheduling priorities for
cash, but otherwise, my plan right now doesn't include fixing either
of them for a while.

--p