[linux-audio-dev] time-stretching filters (was: LADSPA Specs)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] time-stretching filters (was: LADSPA Specs)
From: Lance Blisters (geoff_AT_lek.ugcs.caltech.edu)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 21:03:08 EEST

> I think the time-stretching plugin is a very legitimate example

  I'm looking for a decent-sounding time-stretching algorithm.
  can anybody recommend one?

  By time-stretching i mean resampling to any rate, changing
  the audio speed with the corresponding shift in pitch, just
  like changing the speed of a turntable. GDAM has a plugin for
  this (quick and dirty, double-or-drop samples as necessary to
  achieve the desired rate) which sounds good on many songs, but
  induces a lot of ringing on pure sine waves or when playing at
  really slow speeds.

  I'd also be interested in the pitch-invariant type of time-strecth
  filter, if anyone has an implementation which sounds better than
  the blind overlap-and-crossfade approach we use in GDAM's respeed
  plugin.

  -geoff