Re: [linux-audio-dev] time-stretching filters (was: LADSPA Specs)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] time-stretching filters (was: LADSPA Specs)
From: Andy Wingo (wingo_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 21:08:30 EEST

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Lance Blisters wrote:

> > I think the time-stretching plugin is a very legitimate example
>
> I'm looking for a decent-sounding time-stretching algorithm.
> can anybody recommend one?

There is a resampling library in GStreamer. See
http://gstreamer.net/cvs/ and go to gst-plugins/libs/gst/resample. IIRC
three methods are implemented, the drop/duplicate one, bilinear
interpolation, and 'sinc' (something involving sin (x)/x, higher quality
but more expensive, google for it).

IIRC this is also a general dsp faq. Google, google ;)

regards,

wingo.