Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 17:11:49 EEST

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 09:14:03 +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> The easiest solution to this kind of problem (parameter change faster than
> nr. of run() calls) is to make the parameter (here: the envelope) another
> audio input stream - this way you get 1:1 parameter:sample mapping. The

Yes, this is how my FM oscialtor works*, (it actually decimates the control
stream to save cycles but hey).

Sadly LADSPA can't really express this to the host as
"LADSPA_PORT_CONTROL | LADSPA_PORT_AUDIO" is banned and meaningless.

- Steve

* No, I haven't released it yet, but will soon, and its bandlimited.