Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] bristol synthesis emulation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] bristol synthesis emulation
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:50:02 EEST

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Paul Davis wrote:

> All of my audio/MIDI apps use the following convention: ctrl-click
> (mnemonic: "control this") the GUI control element (slider, knob,
> whatever). this then gives you 30 seconds to cause a MIDI CC or
> NoteOn/NoteOff message to be delivered to the program. the first one
> received will cause a binding between the message and the control
Good idea. Is this patented ;-) ? Or may I use it for my synth as well ?
What about removing of bindings ? Also it might be useful to offer the
possibility of listing the MIDI bindings of a given GUI element. Something
like right-click could open a window and list the controllers. Perhaps one
could integrate the removal of bindings to this window.
In AlsaModularSynth I can bind multiple controllers to one GUI object and
change the direction of the controller (either 0..127 or 127..0, depending
on the "sign" toggle.) This is useful e.g. for crossfading and morphing.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE GmbH