Re: [linux-audio-dev] Jack and Hammerfall output

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Jack and Hammerfall output
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 01:10:43 EEST

>I've been trying to get audio output working with Jack and my Hammerfall,
>with no success. In fact, I can't get audio output to work on any of my
>cards through jackd. (yes, I've set the mixers properly)

probably the wrong list, but then i don't know what the right one is.

can you let us know which version of jackd you have? there was a
version in CVS a couple of days ago that had a bug that caused this
behaviour?

>On the other hand, I can turn on hardware monitoring on the hammerfall
>with alsactl, and listen to passthrough audio just fine (albeit at either
>increased or decreased volume, some quirk of my Creamware A16). jack's
>swmon can do the same thing (which indicates that it *is* possible to
>output audio), but oddly enough forcing hwmon does *not* engage the
>hammerfall's monitoring features.

please explain what you mean by this. i don't know what you expect to
happen by using hwmon ...

--p