Re: [linux-audio-dev] Bandlimited oscillator plugins for LADSPA ('blop-0.1.0')

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Bandlimited oscillator plugins for LADSPA ('blop-0.1.0')
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 12:06:09 EEST

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> But what does this parameter do?? Sine, saw and triangle only have
> zero crossing (or touching) points, not a range that could be modified
> like in the square wave. Or do you extend the zero-points to a range?
Yes. I squeeze the wave cycles while keeping their distance to correspond
to the frequency. Probably I got this idea because I have been working a
lot with pulsed lasers ;-) BTW you can check this with AlsaModularSynth
and the scope KWaveView. I have not yet found the time to implement Jack
in these programs, but most soundcards allow some kind of internal
"loopback" capture, so internal capturing with KWaveView should work.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE GmbH