Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 12:20:06 EEST

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Steve Harris wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:21:55 +0200, Dr. Matthias Nagorni wrote:
> > These things could be included in an additional XML file (although 1)
> > will be part of LADSPA 1.1 anyway). Steve already supplies XML files with his
> > plugins. So one would only have to agree upon a standard for these XML
> > files, right ?
>
> Right. I nominate RDF.
What I can see from http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-primer-20020319
is that I would not mind having a simpler solution. I don't know much
about XML yet, but wouldn't a simple DTD do the job as well ? This DTD
could be extended by new tags and attributes whenever a plugin writer
needs them. So we would have an extensible and always backward compatible
solution. QT provides several classes for XML, so implementing a host for
this should be easy.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni