Re: [linux-audio-dev] midiman oxygen 8

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] midiman oxygen 8
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 00:41:03 EEST

rm hat gesagt: // rm wrote:

> i dunno if it has been talked about before, but i haven't seen
> it mentioned so i will go ahead and mention it anyway.
>
> the oxygen 8 controller seems to work fine under linux using
> the usb interface. you just need the ezusb and usb-midi modules. it
> appears as a midisport 1x1. it's not an alsa driver however.

Ah, that's interesting. I have the Oxygen 8 and like it a lot, but I
use its midi interface via soundcard. There is a very similar
keyboard by Miditech that doesn't have the USB interface and is a bit
cheaper, but it doesn't come with usable cables neither for midi nor
power, so I disapointedly gave it back to the shop and took the Oxygen
instead.

I should try the USB interface as well, because our laptop doesn't
have a midi connection. For ALSA-USB you might try the brand new
alsa-usb daemon from
http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/usbmidid.html

ciao,

--