Re: [linux-audio-dev] Moog VCF in SpiralSynthModular

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Moog VCF in SpiralSynthModular
From: Mike Rawes (mike_rawes_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 16:50:02 EEST

On Fri, 24 May 2002 10:32:22 +0200 (CEST)
"Dr. Matthias Nagorni" <mana_AT_suse.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > one would hope that you implemented them all as LADSPA plugins so
> > that your hard work can be used by many different audio applications
> > ... Well, yes, of course I thought about implementing them as LADSPA
> > plugin. But here we are again: My VCF module has two additional
> > audio rate inputs for frequency and resonance control. And there is
> > a comboBox selector for the filter type...
> But OK, I will implement one LADSPA plugin per filter. Dynamic
> resonance control is not so important, so there will be two audio
> inputs, one for the signal and one for frequency control.

Why not do plugins for both types of input port (except the audio in,
obviously)?

I know that this means there are several variants per plugin - but this
increases flexibility. Audio ports are good for doing FM type things,
whereas Control ports trade this off for less cycles per block.

--
Myk