Re: [linux-audio-dev] Moog VCF in SpiralSynthModular

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Moog VCF in SpiralSynthModular
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 17:15:45 EEST

>> You mean dynamic resonance control at _audio_ rate ? I would assume that
>> being able to feed envelopes and LFO up to perhaps 10 Hz is
>> sufficient for the resonance port ?
>
>You can get some fantasic effects modulating cutoff at near audio rate or
>above :)

the problem is that a LADSPA host has no way of knowing that an audio
port will be used for control. Ardour, for example, will count all
audio ports as contributing toward the total inputs for the plugin.

LADSPA currently makes audio+control ports orthogonal to each other. i
don't think there are any LADSPA hosts at this time that allow the
user to connect the ports "by hand" ...

--p