Re: [linux-audio-dev] Writing a driver for this card: your thoughts?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Writing a driver for this card: your thoughts?
From: Lamar Owen (lamar.owen_AT_wgcr.org)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 03:48:23 EEST

On Friday 24 May 2002 01:12 pm, Mark Rages wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 05:47:07PM +1200, Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> > - analog and digital audio I/O, balanced drivers

> I don't know what balanced drivers are.

Balanced I/O. Professional grade.

As to the AudioScience cards, they are common in radio stations and recording
studios. The audio specs (frequency response, distortion) are nearly the
best in the business. They are NOT cheap, though. But multiple balanced ins
and outs on XLR's (by way of octopus cabling) works very well.

One of the radio stations I engineer for has a couple of the higher end ASI
cards 4336 maybe? Anyway, they have the digital I/O (for triggers and
switching, not digital audio), and they are very happy with the quality of
the cards.

If these cards get good Linux drivers, this will be killer.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio