Re: [linux-audio-dev] Writing a driver for this card: your thoughts?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Writing a driver for this card: your thoughts?
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_wava.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 01:24:48 EEST

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 16:19, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Hmmm. You know, a linux based broadcast compressor (on the order of an
> Omnia6 or Optimod 8400) would be an interesting project. Someone who wants
> to do serious DSP work could have a field day doing multiband limiting and
> the various other things broadcast processors must do.

Actually, I just heard an interesting rumor. One of the major broadcast
transmitter manufacturers (the one with sales offices in Mason OH) is
implementing their exciter for the new Ibiquity FM DAB system on an embedded
Linux platform. This includes some very high end encoding technologies (like
PAC/AAC). It'll be interesting indeed to see how this pans out.

Cheers!

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| The real problem with hunting elephants is carrying the decoys. |
| -- Anonymous |