Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample conversion tools

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sample conversion tools
From: rm (async_AT_cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 22:44:53 EEST

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 09:24:54AM -0500, Kevin Conder wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, rm wrote:
> > my current plan is to support akai S1/3k, giga, and possibly roland
> > and emu formats.
> What about the old Ensoniq samplers?

my aim is to allow users (me) to access the majority of sample
collections available on cd currently. i personally own an akai
sampler and libraries for it which is why the tool only reads akai cds
now. luckily, most libraries are available in this format.

i'm not opposed to adding support for any particular hardware, but
these are my focus. hopefully, having a plugin api will allow me to
step out of the way and allow those interested in specific formats to
write their own plugins.

                thanks,
                 rob

----
Robert Melby
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: async_AT_cc.gatech.edu